Welcome to my site!
My name is Carol Armstrong, and I am running for the position of Councillor, Galway/Cavendish in the Municipality of Trent Lakes.
TO Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org or (705) 657-7518
PLEASE also visit and like my Facebook page at:
Carol A Armstrong@armstrong4council
- To represent all property owners and ensure an open, transparent and accountable Council
- To focus on the continued economic, environmental and social viability of our community
- To contribute my business and professional skills to a more strategic, responsive Council
Decisions made by Council determine HOW our municipal tax dollars are spent AND, they impact our Quality of Life here in Trent Lakes. I believe I can contribute to better decision-making.
You have too much invested in your property to sit this election out.
Please VOTE! It Matters!
- Trent Lakes cottager for 30 years, full time resident for 10
- Avid swimmer, kayaker, x-country skier
- 3 Stepchildren, 2 Grandchildren
- Personal Trainer, SCUBA instructor
- BA (Economics) and MBA (Master of Business Administration) Degrees
- Executive Director, Eastern Ontario Community Futures Network – Rural Economic Development and Financing Innovative Start-ups
- Director, Xerox Corporation – Business Unit Management with $200 million in revenues, 100 employees
- Consultant – Executive Coaching, Business Management and Financial Planning
Volunteer Work – Board Director for:
- Cavendish Community Ratepayers Association
- Xerox Canada Retirees Association
- Picard Lake Cottage Association
- Flemingdon Health Centre
- Ryerson University ESCH Innovation Awards
- Integrity, Honesty and Openness
- Professional, Respectful and Fair
- Open minded, Informed and Inclusive
- Fact-Based, Data-Driven, Analytical
- Results Oriented
- A compelling vision and branding campaign for Trent Lakes as a valued place to live, work and play.
- Renovate or rebuild a roads depot in Galway
- Push for a Quarry review process that assesses the cumulative effects of multiple quarries in a community
- Continued initiatives to reduce waste going to landfills, add organics and support citizen efforts to recycle, reuse, reduce.
- Seniors – Housing, Health, Transportation
- Youth – Jobs, Transportation, Activities, Wireless
- Affordable, reliable fire, police and emergency services
- Municipal Governance that exemplifies open communications, engagement, transparency, efficient operations